Let's Grow Gratitude!
What Is Gratitude?
Defining gratitude is not easy. Is gratitude an emotion, an attitude, or an action? Where can gratitude be found?
Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what we have and what you receive, whether tangible or intangible As a result, gratitude also helps us connect to something larger than ourselves as individuals—whether to other people, nature, or a higher power.
Gratitude is an immensely powerful force that we can use to expand our happiness, create loving relationships and even improve our health!
The good news is that gratitude is easy to practice and comes with a number of benefits.
Many scientific studies found that people who consciously focus on gratitude experience greater emotional wellbeing and physical health than those who don't. When we cultivate a grateful outlook, we:
*Feel better about our lives as a whole
*Experience greater levels of joy and happiness
*Get sick less often
* Exercise more often
* Have more energy, determination and focus
* Sleep better
* Decrease stress
* Enjoy closer family ties
* Feel stronger during trying times
LET'S GROW GRATITUDE!
1. Send a note of appreciation to a friend
2. Notice something you might overlook on your way to work. The birds, the bright sun, the clear blue sky. Then...be sure to say "thank you" while you admire the beauty.
3. Start a gratitude list or journal at your desk. Add daily to the list until you have at least 100 things you're grateful for.
4. Double your efforts to teach your child to say thank-you! Increase the amount of gratitude in the world.
5. Find something good to say about everyone you meet today.
The benefits of gratitude are amazing: greater happiness, more success, closer friends, happier marriages, less stress, richer joys, healthier hearts, improved lives.
Let’s begin today to express our gratitude in the most sincere way. Let’s do something to express how thankful we are. Let’s grow gratitude!